On Demand Courses
VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.7] - On Demand
This five-day course features intensive hands-on training that focuses on installing, configuring, and managing VMware vSphere® 6.7, which includes VMware ESXi™ 6.7 and VMware vCenter Server® 6.7. This course prepares you to administer a vSphere infrastructure for an organization of any size. This course is the foundation for most of the other VMware technologies in the software-defined data center.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe the software-defined data center
- Explain the vSphere components and their function in the infrastructure
- Add ESXi hosts to a VMware vCenter? Server Appliance? instance
- Manage vCenter Server Appliance
- Use a local content library as an ISO store, and deploy a virtual machine
- Describe vCenter Server architecture
- Use vCenter Server to manage an ESXi host
- Configure and manage vSphere infrastructure with VMware Host Client? and VMware vSphere? Client?
- Describe virtual networks with vSphere standard switches
- Configure standard switch policies
- Use vCenter Server to manage various types of host storage: VMware vSphere? VMFS, NFS, iSCSI, and RDM
- Examine the features and functions of Fibre Channel and VMware vSAN?
- Manage virtual machines, templates, clones, and snapshots
- Migrate virtual machines with VMware vSphere? vMotion?
- Migrate virtual machine storage with VMware vSphere? Storage vMotion?
- Monitor resource usage, and manage resource pools
- Discuss the VMware vSphere? High Availability (vSphere HA) cluster architecture
- Configure vSphere HA
- Manage vSphere HA and VMware vSphere? Fault Tolerance
- Use VMware vSphere? Replication? and VMware vSphere? Data Protection? to replicate virtual machines and perform data recovery
- Use VMware vSphere? Distributed Resource Scheduler? clusters to improve host scalability
- Use VMware vSphere? Update Manager? to apply patches and perform basic troubleshooting of ESXi hosts, virtual machines, and vCenter Server operations
- Identify troubleshooting methodology to logically diagnose faults and improve troubleshooting efficiency